This year, the Law Library is providing study carrels for all law and LLM students to use. Sign-up for these carrels is done online. Sign-up begins at 8AM on Tuesday, August 26, 2014. Once you choose a carrel, the carrel is yours until you graduate. To expedite the carrel sign-up procedure, an online signup has been created. You MUST use this site to reserve a carrel.
Returning 3L students who had carrels last year do not need to sign up again.
- 3Ls who don’t already have carrels and LLM students: 8AM on Tuesday, August 26th
- 2L: 8AM on Wednesday, August 27th
- 1L: 8AM on Thursday, August 28th
- Signup closes Friday, August 29th at 5PM
- Enter your HawkID and password
2. Use the dropdown menu to find the carrel area of your choice
- Available carrels are in green; unavailable carrels are in red
- To see where groups of carrels are located, consult the library maps (links below), on the library’s website, or at the Circulation Desk.
- First Floor: http://library.law.uiowa.edu/first-floor-carrels
- Third Floor: http://library.law.uiowa.edu/third-floor-carrels
- Ground Floor: http://library.law.uiowa.edu/ground-floor-carrels
3. To choose a carrel, just click on it; the carrel is placed in your basket.
- You may switch as many times as you like before you check out; if you choose another carrel, it replaces the previous choice, and that carrel becomes available to others.
- You may logout of the system and then log back in later, your choice will remain in your basket until you check out; however, please check out before 5:00 pm on Friday, August 29th.
- You must completely check out to obtain the carrel.
- Once you completely check out, you will receive the combination to the carrel’s glassed area; please write down your carrel number and combination. If you forget your carrel or combination, log back in to the website and click the link to receive your carrel number and combination via e-mail; it will be sent to your University of Iowa @uiowa.edu e-mail account.
If you have any questions about carrels, please ask at the Circulation Desk.