The library provides carrels for law students to use. Please sign up for a carrel using the procedure outlined below. Once you choose a carrel, it is yours until you graduate, meaning returning 2L and 3L students who had carrels last year do not need to sign up again. If you have office space in a journal office, you are not eligible to have a library carrel.
Step One: Go to http://wwwapps.law.uiowa.edu/carrels/
- Enter your HawkID and password
Step Two: Use the dropdown menu to find the carrel area of your choice
- Available carrels are in green; unavailable carrels are in red
- For context, consult the library maps on the library’s website or at the Circulation Desk
Step Three: To choose a carrel, click on it
- You may switch carrels as many times as you like before you check out
- You MUST check out to obtain the carrel
- Once you check out, you will receive the combination to the carrel’s glassed area; you may sign in again to access your carrel number and combination at any time.
Sign-up times are as follows:
- 3Ls/LLMs: Beginning Tuesday, August 25 at 8 a.m.
- 2Ls: Beginning Wednesday, August 26 at 8 a.m.
- 1Ls: Beginning Thursday, August 27 at 8 a.m.
Sign-up closes September 4. If you have any questions about carrels, please visit the Circulation Desk. Please remember that the library’s food and drink policy also applies to carrels.