The library provides carrels for law students to use. Please sign up for a carrel using the procedure outlined below. Returning 2L and 3L students who had carrels last year do not need to sign up again this year. If you have desk space in a journal office or in the clinic, you are not eligible to have a library carrel.
Step One: Go to http://wwwapps.law.uiowa.edu/carrels/
- Enter your HawkID and password
Step Two: Use the dropdown menu to find the carrel area of your choice
- Available carrels are in green; unavailable carrels are in red
- For context, consult the library maps on the library’s website or at the Circulation Desk
Step Three: To choose a carrel, click on it
- You may switch carrels as many times as you like before you check out
- You MUST check out to obtain the carrel
- Once you check out, you will receive the combination to the carrel’s glassed area; you may sign in again to access your carrel number and combination at any time.
Sign-up times are as follows:
- 3Ls/Exchange/Advanced JD: Beginning Tuesday, August 23 at 8 a.m.
- 2Ls: Beginning Wednesday, August 24 at 8 a.m.
- 1Ls: Beginning Thursday, August 25 at 8 a.m.
Sign-up closes Friday, September 2. For questions or assistance with carrel registration, please contact Maria Catherino, Circulation Assistant, at email@example.com.