Campus Book Delivery
Library users may request materials owned by any University of Iowa Library be delivered to another campus library for pickup or office delivery. Requests may be placed through Smart Search or the InfoHawk catalog. The following items are excluded from this service:
- State Historical Society of Iowa materials.
- Materials that circulate for 7 days or less cannot be sent to an office. Materials that circulate for 3 days or less cannot be sent to another library for pickup.
- Reserve and Reference items are not available for delivery service.
- Law Library Building Items and Shelf Copies are not eligible for delivery service.
- Some UI library collections have additional circulation restrictions. Staff at the owning library will contact you if material is not located or is not included in the delivery service.
- Items will not be retrieved for pickup at the same library. (Main Storage and Main Media materials may be picked up at any library.)
- Office delivery is not available to Law student carrels.
- Office delivery is not available to students living in the dorms.
Please allow several days for delivery. Requested materials are delivered to the Law Library once each day Monday through Friday. Delivered materials will be routed to faculty mailboxes or placed on the Hold Shelf at the Circulation Desk for pick up. Materials borrowed from University Libraries may be returned at the Law Library or other campus libraries. Most library materials may be renewed online, but not via telephone.
If you receive a recall notice from University Libraries, please return the materials promptly. University Libraries charges a per day fine for any materials returned late. If you still need the materials, please submit an interlibrary loan request.
For more information, please visit University Libraries Delivery Services.