Law Library Reference Service
Phone number: (319) 335-9005
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don Ford, Head of Research & FCIL
Phone number: (319) 335-9068
Email address: email@example.com
Law Library Hours
The Law Library provides a variety of support for courses at the University of Iowa.
- A law librarian can visit your class to provide legal research instruction or provide a tour of the Law Library to your students.
- The Law Library can also provide curated research guides and identify resources on requested topics for your courses.
If you are interested in either of these services, please contact Matt Flyntz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Law Library provides research support to faculty and research staff in a variety of ways:
- Legal research training for graduate or research assistants (contact Don Ford at email@example.com or (319) 335-9068).
- Assistance locating books, articles, and other documents (contact our Reference Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 335-9005).
- Complex legal reference assistance (contact our Reference Service at email@example.com or (319) 335-9005).
- Consultations on research for large projects and grants (contact Amy Koopmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 335-9823).
Law Library Resources
Many of the Law Library's electronic resources are available for use by the entire University of Iowa community. Review our electronic resource list to locate a useful resource, check out our "Top Picks," or contact our Reference Service for tailored suggestions.
Because of the types of print materials we carry, not everything in the Law Library can be checked out. Books that are not shelf copies or building-only items, however, can be checked out by University of Iowa faculty and staff. To check out a book or DVD, you can come to the Law Library or request delivery of the item to another on-campus library through InfoHawk+. More information on the Law Library's circulation policies is available here.